PAID Traineeships for Translators – Greek, French, Portuguese, Romanian or Slovenian
- Closing date for applications:
- Tuesday, 22 May 2018
- Type of contract:
- Traineeship of between 3 and 12 months in total.
- Who can apply:
- EU nationals who are eligible according to our traineeship programme (Read more)
- The trainee grant is €1,050 per month plus an accommodation allowance.
- Working time:
- Place of work:
- Frankfurt, Germany
You will be part of the Language Services Division in the European Central Bank’s (ECB) Directorate General Communications. We provide translation, editing, proof-reading and language technology and terminology services in all European Union (EU) languages, and offer advice on linguistic matters. Our translation work covers a wide range of texts for expert audiences and the general public, and includes multilingual “explainers” on our website through which we make the ECB’s work accessible also to non-expert readers.
In your role as a Trainee Translator, you will be part of a language team in one of the Division’s three multilingual sections. We are responsible for communicating the ECB’s messages to over 300 million Europeans who do not have English as their native language. You will be the ECB’s voice in your language and will work closely with translators, language technologists, coordination assistants and experts from other ECB business areas.
To further enhance diversity at the ECB, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
As a Trainee Translator for Greek, French, Portuguese, Romanian or Slovenian you will:
- translate (non-legal) texts from English into your mother tongue;
- revise and proof-read texts in your mother tongue;
- help to identify, extract and compile terminology, particularly in the fields of economics and finance.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to use state-of-the-art language technology tools in your daily work and to gain insight into the work of language services in an EU institution. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a bachelor’s degree in