PAID Internship to end global hunger
Closing date: 07 May 2018
Operations Management Support Unit
The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. Present in nearly 80 countries, the organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
We are seeking to fill an internship position in the : Operations Management Support Unit. The position will be based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy with a start date as soon as possible.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Programme and Policy Adviser and Head, OMS, the candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Support follow up-actions to the Working Group charged with reviewing the Programme Review Process
- Support follow up actions with regard to relations with the Regional Bureaux and country offices, including evaluations and audits.
- Contribute to the drafting of strategic and policy documents, as required.
- Participate in any other relevant office tasks, as required.
- Currently enrolled having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last six months with a BA or MA in development/humanitarian studies, international relations, social sciences, or related disciplines;
- Course attendance in the past twelve months;
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook);
- Excellent command of English (native level proficiency),
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to write in a concise and effective way with excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work productively in a multi-cultural environment essential.
- Previous experience in the development/humanitarian sector would be an asset.
Terms and Conditions
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per