The Union of the Electricity Industry – Eurelectric is the sector association which represents the common interests of the electricity industry at pan-European level, plus its affiliates and associates on several other continents. We currently have over 34 full members, representing the electricity industry in 32 European countries.
Intern in the Energy Policy, Climate and Sustainability
Team Full-time 6-month paid internship
Location: Brussels, Belgium
As intern, you will:
– Help advisors executing work programmes of Working groups and Committees, including organizing and coordinating the related activities (i.e. meetings, deliverables, advocacy plans, internal communication, etc.)
– Support the process of creating position papers, policy recommendations and other advocacy deliverables, incl. dissemination and lobby campaigns
– Engage, together with the related policy advisor, in meetings with key stakeholders, other associations, relevant NGOs
– Support advisors on ad hoc projects i.e. studies carried out with the support of an external consultant, a project bringing together several stakeholders of the sector
– Other ad hoc actions may include: drafting of briefings, stakeholder’s mapping, drafting of press articles, preparation of presentations and speaking points
Requirements and competencies:
– Enrolled in a degree in EU affairs, political science, law or equivalent
– A good understanding of EU policy-making and lobbying, some previous knowledge of the energy sector is a plus
– Diplomatic and with very good inter-personal skills
– Strong written and oral communication skills and a structured mindset
– Fluent in English, other languages a plus
Eurelectric offers a paid internships starting in January 2023. Base allowance as per contract for professional integration (CIP) and reimbursement of public transportation will be provided.
A CV (maximum 2 pages) and a short motivation letter (1 page) should be sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 December quoting “EPSC Intern” in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information please open this link