WWF, the world’s largest environmental NGO, is looking for a full time Seafood Policy Officer for its WWF European Policy Office in Brussels.
This position will play a key role in delivering WWF’s European sustainable seafood sourcing, (from EU member states and third countries. S/he acts as a Brussels-based policy advocate vis-à-vis relevant European Union (EU) and European Commission (EC) institutions and helps represent
WWF to external audiences and within WWF’s network. S/he helps coordinate the related activities of WWF offices in EU Member States and provides a vital liaison between WWF activities promoting sustainable and legal seafood sourcing and better governance to reduce the impacts of climate change on global fisheries entering the EU market.
What you need:
- Degree or advanced technical qualifications relevant to the field of fisheries management, seafood supply chain management, fisheries monitoring, control, and surveillance, and/or trade in fish products;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in sustainable seafood sourcing practices, seafood supply chain management, seafood traceability, fisheries policy and/or fisheries management;
- Ability to interact with high level government and seafood industry professionals;
- Knowledge of European institutions, lobby and advocacy experience.
Required skills and competencies:
- Ability to interpret and analyse scientific and technical documents and data and apply it to WWF’s work;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and an ability to communicate complicated messages authoritatively and clearly to different audiences including through written materials, one-to-one meetings and presentations. Other languages are an advantage;
- Strong networking and team building skills appropriate for a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment;
- Proven ability to act as organizational spokesperson and interact effectively with government representatives; significant experience interacting with seafood and fishing industry;
- Experience of working on, and understanding the complexities of EU legislation;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration.
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 4 March 2021 midnight.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
For more information please open this link