The Program Assistant ‘Eastern Partnership’ (PA EaP) is responsible for providing administrative support for the “EU4Integrity Action for Eastern Partnership” program, implemented jointly with EU DG NEAR and OECD. The PA will assist in drafting financial and progress reports while ensuring that all sub-granting and sub-contracting processes related to the grant are compliantwith EU and OGP rules and regulations. They will also regularly communicate with sub-grantees and sub-contractors, ensuring that they similarly understand and comply with all reporting requirements.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting EU funded programs, with knowledge and understanding of the requirements and procedures around budget monitoring, financial reporting, procurement and sub granting. They will be a strong project coordinator, able to manage multiple priorities seamlessly while proactively communicating with a variety of stakeholders. Basic accounting skills and intermediate computer skills (particularly MS-Office) are required.Requirements
I. Support the project team on all grant management activities
General grant & project management
- Manage the grant, including: monitoring the grant for compliance with EU regulations and funder restrictions as well as specific award terms; responsibility for ensuring that budget expenditures align with approved budgets; requesting and preparing subgrants modifications as necessary; preventing and correcting financial, programmatic, and contractual errors; training staff about grant requirements and restrictions; answering grant-related questions for program and other staff;
- Enforce adherence to donor and legal requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Monitor grants expenditures for compliance with donor restrictions or expectations, legal and EU regulations and specific award terms.
- Maintain and update projections of grant expenditures.
- Assist with budget planning and preparation and help to keep it organized.
Financial and administrative management
- In close cooperation with OGP’s Finance Director, develop and maintain systems to track and monitor financial transactions linked to the project budget.
- Support the creation and maintenance of internal controls policies and procedures.
- Manage and process invoices, reimbursements and related documents according to project requirements, and follow through to ensure these are paid in a timely manner.
- Serve as an internal resource for staff regarding expenditures allocated to grants.
- Coordinate grant payments with programmatic and finance staff.
- Maintain order in project folders, documents and paperwork (both hard and soft copies)
- Track budget to actual variance on a monthly basis and share reports with the Program Manager EaP and Program Officer EaP
- Processes all cash disbursement transactions timely, accurately, and according to established policies and procedures, verifying that there are proper approvals and ensures that all supporting documentation is attached to each cash disbursement request and resolving any discrepancies with vendors.
- Write quarterly, semiannual and annual financial reports, prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Compile and prepare documents, reports and invoices for project events and the financial reporting phases under the supervision of the Program Manager, EaP, and Director of Finance of OGP Support Unit.
II. Sub granting and procurement management
Contractual and administrative documents for project experts and speakers (using a pre-approved template).
- Review requests
- Manage the sub granting process.
- Prepare requests for contracts and documentation for decisions including price justifications.
- Ensure final presentation of price justifications, quotes and or solicitation process meets OGP requirements of fairness and transparency.
- Liaise with experts, speakers and project partners to communicate assignment conditions.
III. Support the organization of OGP events
- Support the Program Manager EaP and the Program Officer EaP with logistics in the run-up to, on the day of, and following events.
- Ensure record-keeping and documentation for the events is in line with EU reporting requirements.
- Compile documentation for the events, including the conference booklet, speakers’ biographies, important information etc.
- Liaise with the local co-organizers, if necessary.
- Liaise with speakers and delegates, if necessary, and answer their questions.
- Evaluate feedback and draft an event report based on this feedback post-event.
- Support the OGP team in coordinating the travel and logistics for OGP events like Global Summits, Regional Meetings and country visits.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Training in accountancy/financial management an advantage.
- Experience working on grants administration or similar administrative and financial reporting tasks
- Experience of working on EU funded projects
- Grants administration (including financial administration); proposal writing; support with and/or management of internal and external relationships and partnerships.
- Training in accountancy/financial management an advantage.
JOB-RELATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Highly organized and responsible.
- Ability to respect deadlines
- Rigour and attention to details.
- Good understanding/manipulation of figures/general mathematical principles.
- Report writing skills.
- Experience working with diverse teams.
- Good communication skills with people from varied backgrounds, including government officials).
- Good administrative skills and some experience with financial reporting is preferred.
- Quick learner with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Proactive in sharing information with team members.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across a multicultural virtual team.
- Fluency in English is a requirement; knowledge of Russian is a plus.
- Humility and a healthy sense of humor; calm and poised under pressure
- Flexible and creative in the face of obstacles
- Duties are generally carried out in a normal business office environment – i.e. working at a computer while sitting at a desk for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
- Travel: limited, when necessary.
- Requires flexibility for occasional work after regular working hours (e.g. to accommodate time zone difference across the organization and event organization) and/or weekend work.
- Engaging work where you will help to improve lives by promoting open, transparent and participative governance
- A talented team of passionate colleagues located around the world
- Opportunities for continued professional and career growth
- A fixed-term contract for the duration of the 3.5-year joint program on ‘EU4Integrity Action for Eastern Partnership’
- A competitive salary with a generous benefits package:-
Salary Grade 2, anticipated starting salary of €41.400 – €52.350 per annum
This position is preferably based in Brussels, Belgium. Strong candidates without an EU work permit that are based in the region will also be considered. Kindly apply for this position by sending your C.V and cover letter to this link. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Because of the volume of applications, we will not be able to respond to every applicant. We thank applicants in advance for their expressions of interest.
Open Government Partnership is an “at-will” and equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified differently-abled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
For more information please open this link