La Hulpe, Belgium
At Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination, and a drive to do the extraordinary.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us!
Stantec International Development, based in La Hulpe (south Brussels), is the Stantec unit that provides consulting services to international institutions, such as the European Commission (EC), the European Investment Bank (EIB) and EU bilateral donors such as DFID, or AFD. We support international donors and financial institutions improve the design, implementation, and oversight of development programs throughout the world. We help developing countries achieve resilient and equitable growth, transition to lower carbon economies, and protect water and other natural resources.
You will be supporting the Project Management Team of the International Development Unit in all the various tasks related to the implementation of project activities. You will be required to demonstrate a combination of discipline, flexibility, and precision in all tasks.
- Support the Project Manager in implementing all project activities, from contract signature to closing phase.
- Follow-up progress of the different project activities.
- Process and follow-up on experts’ invoices; reviews experts’ timesheets when applicable.
- Support the preparation of external financial audits.
- Manage the logistics of meetings, conferences, trainings, and other project-related events.
- Support in the identification of external consultants, preparation of CV and related administrative documents.
- Liaise with the client, project experts and project partners on day-to-day implementation of project.
- Attend project meetings and prepare related minutes.
- Manage large number of documents and data; maintain dashboards continuously up to date.
- Format reports and presentations to ensure professional lay-out and compliance with EU visibility guidelines.
- Perform other duties as determined by the Project Manager.
Internship for the Int. Development Unit – Project Management Team
- Academic background: BA or MA in International Relations, Economy, Political Science, Environment, Energy.
- Knowledge of the European Commission external assistance policies would be considered as an advantage.
- Professional experience in the implementation of EU contracts would be considered as an advantage.
- Professional/Academic experience in the field of environment/energy/climate change or in a similar technical assistance environment would be considered as an asset.
- Languages: solid written and spoken English and French
- IT-skills: advanced use of MS Office, and in particular, use of Excel.
- Multitask personality, rigorous, accuracy and attention to detail, with a dynamic work ethic approach.
- Creative, communicative, open-minded and results oriented.
Stantec’s Belgium office is also the hub of the Framework Contracts (FWC) activities managed in collaboration with the above-mentioned international institutions EC and EIB, as well as with the African Development Bank (AfDB), the French Development Agency (AFD) and with the Department for International Development (DFID -UK).
As of today, we are currently managing more than 15 different FWC (including FWC SIEA as Consortium leader) covering sectors such as environment, renewable energy and energy efficiency, climate change adaptation, water management, sustainable urban development, trade, private sector development and transports.
The internship will take place in our office in La Hulpe, Belgium and will start in March 2021 for a period of max six months.
If you are ready to work in a fast-moving, international environment, please send us your detailed CV (in English only) by clicking on the Apply now button!
Belgium, Belgium-La Hulpe
for more information please open this link