Application deadline: 14 March 2021 – Belgium – Location: Brussels – General
Are you interested in becoming part of a leading international consulting company that creates value and solutions to some of the most complex issues worldwide? Then seize the opportunity and apply for a job as a trainee at COWI Global Advisory in Brussels!
JOIN OUR GLOBAL ADVISORY DEPARTMENT IN BRUSSELS
COWI Global Advisory provides financial and economic analyses as well as policy studies within the sectors of environment, transport, energy, climate and urban development. We provide high quality advice to our customers because we build on the solid technical expertise of our consulting engineer business, which counts more than 8,000 employees worldwide. We are looking for trainees for our teams working on policy studies for the EU Commission and framework contract management providing technical assistance in different sectors such as rural development, agriculture, energy, transport, digital technologies, regional development and environment.
A POSITION THAT WILL PUSH YOUR DEVELOPMENT FURTHER
In this position, you will become part of a competent and dedicated team of experienced consultants, project managers and specialists working from Brussels and together with colleagues at our office in Denmark. You will experience the pulse and dynamics of the consulting business and gain experience in how we work with different international clients throughout the project cycle. You will be engaged in several projects and proposals, where you will work closely with project managers and consultants.
As a trainee within policy studies for the EU Commission, your tasks can involve:
- Desk research
- Data management and analyses (e.g. in Excel)
- Interviews, focus group interviews and surveys
- Participation in client meetings and preparation of meeting reports
- Analysis and reporting
As a trainee within the framework contracts funded by the EU, EIB and EBRD in different sectors, your tasks will involve:
- Research and organisational support to the team
- Distribution of information to and contact with consortium partners
- Search and selection of potential experts in different field of expertise
- Preparation and selection of technical and financial offers: analyse tender specifications, identify potential experts, negotiate fees, evaluate CVs, edit CVs and drafting financial offers, assembling technical offers
- Project management: Day-to-day management of Framework contracts
- Provide backstopping to experts: plan logistics, meetings, search for local partners book transport and hotels
- Assist the Business Development team in screening of new funding IFI’s opportunities for the different markets COWI is working on
A learning plan will guide the traineeship to ensure that the learning opportunities are exploited allowing you to gain insight into how the consulting business works and to develop in the areas selected as focus areas – depending on your personal profile and competencies. A senior staff member will act as your mentor to follow up on this learning plan.
In COWI, we invite you to learn from the best and expand your potential in an outstanding environment, where we collaborate on shaping tomorrow’s societies. Alongside your manager, you outline the path for your development and build your expertise on a day-to-day basis, working on global and local assignments.
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER, WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
We are looking for trainees who combine high professional standards with strong social competences and a keen professional interest in EU and international policy.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you have a wish to explore career opportunities in the consulting business and thrive in a challenging environment, keeping deadlines.
Furthermore, you should have :
- Excellent English and French communication skills, able to speak and write at a high level. Any additional European language is considered an asset
- Experience in working with Excel and Word.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative analyses is an asset.
- Interest and experience in our key sectors in particular energy, climate and transport is considered an asset.
- Knowledge and interest in EU institutions and procedures.
- Master’s degree within economics, law, public administration, or political science.
This is a 6 months trainee programme and will start from 1st April 2021 or as agreed.
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Please call our Project Manager, Natalia Andrea Cardona Gomez in Policy, Planning and Infrastructure on tel. +32 28975327 or send an email on email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the link below and tell us why you are the right person for this role. Please indicate which area you are applying for policy studies for the EU Commission or Framework contracts management. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible since the recruitment process is ongoing.
The application deadline is stated at the top of the page.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For more information please open this link